howeverbrief: (Default)
[personal profile] howeverbrief
Sniff. Well, my mom asked me a few days ago if my computer was OK because she was thinking about getting my sister a new one for her birthday. Of course right after I said my computer was fine, it started shutting itself off randomly, usually when I'm in the middle of saving a game. When playing this weekend, it shut itself off no less than five times, three of those when I was trying to save my progress. Yesterday, it was twice after about ten minutes of game play. It also shut itself off this morning when I was trying to post in a clan forum for this game.

Needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed and have been thinking about just chucking the thing out a window, but that would be silly. I wish I could figure out why it's doing this now. Sigh. For the time being, I'm uninstalling Sims 2 to see if that fixes the problem.

Any computer nerds on my friends list who might be able to help me? Wah.

Date: 2008-06-18 11:46 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bardroid.livejournal.com
you may be running out of space on the drive.

download a copy of uniblue's speedupmypc and let it do its thing. it was doing a good job of cleaning up my last pc, until i broke down and got a new one.

Date: 2008-06-18 05:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] howeverbrief.livejournal.com
I'll have to check that out. Thanks! Austin also thinks it might have to do with the battery. I don't know.

Profile

howeverbrief: (Default)
howeverbrief

January 2020

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
1920 2122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 25th, 2026 09:37 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios